Thursday, March 16, 2006

A forum with Information..


I belong to a forum called VNSdepression.com....As you may or may not know...vns is also used to treat depression.... A great guy named herb is there and periodically reads my blog..He posted a link in comments on the healing process.....Mainly referring to the part where....Armpit vns implants take longer to heal and do bother women with bra straps...
it also has great questions on what to ask your Dr PRIOR to surgery...
sharing the link here to help everyone out. I was approved for vns for epilepsy AND depression...One of the lucky ones??Depends on how yah look at it..Would've been nice NOT to have had either in the first place!!!
http://vnsdepression.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=215

On another note I slept like CRUD last night...It seems the more the swelling goes down in the armpit region the more the rubbing of the implant on he inside of my body KILLS>..took me til after 3 am to get to sleep. Up getting the kiddos to school--one is out the door for his weekly HIGH SCHOOL Church breakfast[ youth ministry on a weekly basis ] and two are getting up..I will then be heading back to bed to catch some more zzzz's with pain meds in tow...Then I hope to feel well enough the rest of the day to do some cleaning chores--As per the Dr I am still on NO heavy lifting til I see him again on April 6th where he will re evaluate...
He says---the pain is a sign to take it easy when it comes to lifting so that I am....
I do journal on paper and write a great deal more...So if you read this and have questions PLEASE email me...I would be glad to try and answer them for you...Can't imagine you want every detail of my epilepsy and depressed filled life!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are getting better. Christa and I check back here all the time to make sure you are still doing OK.
VNSDepression.com was quite good. Thx for the link.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim -

I found your blog from one of the posts on VNSDepression.com. I was implanted just one day before you, it looks like. Mine is just for depression - I don't have epilepsy - but still... the surgery is the same, right? Except... I haven't had any of the trouble you're having with your armpit incision. Mine was done in basically the same location - maybe slightly more towards my front and away from my armpit. Anyway, I'm really sorry you're having so much pain still. Especially since you have kids to take care of. I have a blog also, but it's still a work-in-progress. So far I've just added various messages that I'd written to friends describing how things were going - but I also have a number of pics of my incision sites up. Feel free to take a look: http://www.inxplicable.org/me/
Best wishes,
Jen